Google+ Followers

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Fighting Destiny ( The Fae Chronicles #1) By Amelia Hutchins

Fighting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #1)
 
Have you ever heard of the old Celtic legends of the Fae - beautiful, magical, and deadly creatures that have a love of messing with humans just for kicks and giggles?

Welcome to my world.

What started out as a strange assignment, lead to one of the most gruesome murder mysteries of our times. My friends and I are set and determined to find out who is killing off Fae and Witches alike.

Couple of problems in the way – I hate the Fae and the Prince of the Dark Fae is bound and determined that I work for him. He’s a rude, overbearing egotistical ass with a compulsive need to possess, dominate and control me. Oh – did I mention that he is absolutely sex-on-a-stick gorgeous and he makes me feel things that I never ever wanted to feel for a Fae...every time he touches me or looks at me with those dangerous golden eyes he seems to pull me further in under his spell, despite my better judgment.

My friends and I can’t trust anyone and nothing is as it seems on the surface – not even me.
 
 
********
 
I'm really starting to get into this whole paranormal romance world. And...This book tipped me over the edge.
 
Syn is a witch that honors to protect the human race from otherworlders. I know this sounds crazy , but damn this girl is fierce. I want to be her bff. Lol. Anywho...wow this girl has experienced the worsts kind of tragedy. I would of hated to be her in the time where she witnessed the demise of her parents. This piece of her history has caused her to hate the fae race, and there is a no hlods bar on her hatred. I unsderstood her adversion to them, but I hated that she couldn't open herself up as well. She again went through another loss of her first love, which, can u see it? I mean, DAMN the girl already has so much on her shoulders then give a bitch slap in the face with that one too. I was totally stunned for her when I found out everything about her, and she still stays strong in the head of all the things that come to her throughout the book. Well, getting back to the topic..haha...ok..well like I said she hates the Fae, that is until the Dark Prine, Ryder, comes into her life. She cannot shake him for anything. I find them quite amusing reading there back and forth bull shit. This girl seriously has no filter. I loved her!!!
 
Ahh, Ryder, he IS the bad boy of the Otherworlders, I mean he's hot shit! The dark prince! LOL that's all Syn needed, right? To go for the top dog. He is something more than what the author originally makes him out to be. It comes into play a few times, but you don't see it enough to truly know who he really is. It's all a big mystery the whole book. all those little glimpses keep you on edge. But, I do love when Amelia goes into his POV and he's just D-I-R-T-Y the way he thinks, the way he talks, oh my oh my. I want more! He has some strong feelings for Syn and she him, but neither of them hint to it. I mean COME ON just come out with it already. The cravings they have for each other is enough to blow a head gasket.
 
Their relationship (I use that word loosely with them) evolves from the beginning thinking they are going to bump uglies in the beginning, to them taunting each other with what you know will happen, to them actually doing the deed, to them completely needing to help each other in the end. It does take awhile to actually get to the sex, opps....I mean the good parts **wink** lol. But, when they come together I had to change my panties. HAHA! YES! That hot! Amelia did a wonderful job in getting this story together.
 
4.5 STARS!! I want the next book YESTERDAY! And the cliff hanger left me trying to keep trying to turn the page!
 
********
 
To Buy from this Author:
 
 
********
 
To Contact this Author:
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment