Google+ Followers

Monday, September 23, 2013

Promise Me Darkness (Promise Me #1) By Paige Weaver

Promise Me Darkness (Promise Me, #1)
 
"He was my darkness and I was his light. We couldn't exist without each other."

For me, life was simple. I went to school and studied. I spent time with my friends and stayed out of trouble. I didn't drink or swear and I only dated gentlemen. I was the typical good girl with a bright future. My world seemed perfect.

But that was about to change.

Ryder Delaney was the one imperfection in my life. He was the bad boy, the black sheep, the one your mother always warned you about. He had only one hard-and-fast rule - Don't fall in love.

But some rules were meant to be broken.

We were best friends, inseparable since childhood despite our differences. I knew the real man hiding behind the tattoos and bad attitude. He knew all my secrets and dreams. But he didn't know there was one thing I wanted and couldn't have...him.

But sometimes Fate has a way of intervening. Soon our world collapsed. War erupted. Darkness prevailed. Alone and on the run, our only goal was to survive and to ignore the feelings we had for each other. But love is powerful...

and so is the darkness.
 
********

Goodness this story had everything in it I'm thinking this is Definitely going on my favorite book list of the year. So much drama and sadness to where I couldn't look away from the pages if I wanted to. I was always hearing great things about this book, but to actually read took my breath away. I have been trying to get into all different types of books and I'm so glad I reached out to this author and got to enjoy this one.
 
Ok, lets get to it.... Maddie is a 21 year old senior in college who has the world a head of her. She's majoring in nursing and has two best friends that mean everything to her. Her best friend Eva drags her out one night and she runs into Ryder her other best friend Ryder at a bar. This story just takes off from there.
 
Maddie has ALWAYS been in love with Ryder, but with womanizing ways she's never wanted to just be another notch on his belt. She wants MORE and since right now she's in a relationship (with a total douche I may add) she's putting the breaks on hold for what could possibly be more for them. Ryder in enlisting in the military so decides to go home with Maddie and Eva until her goes to join, once back in Maddie's life at college her and Ryder start to grow closer to what could become more and on the road to losing herself on the way. Ryder comes clean with Maddie and now she knows its all on her to take the necessary steps to her ending up in bed with him. After a fight and Maddie almost being traumatized, who do you think she turns to? LOL..YEP RYDER! I was totally in the mood to read their little sex scene again and again and again...hahaha! I was like "ohh shoot wait hold on he did wat?" HOT!
 
Ryder, oh man, Ryder, he's just lickable in his own right. From tattoos to his I-don't-give-a-shit attitude he just breathes on women and they orgasm. Yeah, I  found a new book boyfriend in him alright. I was pissed off with him soo much throughout this book, but always came back to swoon status because he may not have been ready for a relationship, but his friendship and love for Maddie know no bounds and I only WISH I had a friendship like theirs. The lines may be blurred, but when you put it all together by the end of the book, you have to know he set everything up perfectly.
 
The cliff-hanger is AWESOME yet heart-breaking because of the circumstances they are left in. You don't know exactly what the future holds. And I don't think Maddie can lose anyone else. That girl is hanging on by a thread as it is. This war is something that wrecks lives and causes destruction and I just hope everyone makes it out alive. 
 
5 STARS!!

Book 2 in this series "Promise Me Light" Releases TOMORROW!!!

********
 
To Buy from this Author:
 
Promise Me Darkness (Volume 1)
 
 
 
 
 
Promise Me Light (Volume 2)
 
 
 
 
********
 
To contact this Author:
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment