Google+ Followers

Friday, October 25, 2013

Fraternizing (Fraternizing #1) By C.C. Brown Blog Tour

Fraternizing (Fraternizing, #1)
 
Sometimes rules must be broken.

Sometimes your beliefs are challenged.

Other times... you just have to follow your heart.

For Marine Corps Sgt. Alex Cruz, the Corps' rules and regulations have served as a blueprint for how he should live his life. In his mind, the way to maintaining proper conduct and order relied heavily on the ability of the individual to follow orders without question. Alex was that individual.

Until...

Pfc. Cassie Bennett.

She is brand new to the Corps, looking to cement a place in the world for herself after breaking free from the oppressive life she's lived with her mother. Making it in the Corps is her way of showing her mother that she is more than she thinks she is, while also proving to herself she can survive one of life's biggest challenges.

Both Alex and Cassie are tested when an intensely strong attraction develops between them. They feel it, they want it, but one thing stands in their way... The Marine Corps order on Fraternizing. Their lust filled thoughts, their strong and aching cravings for one another, and their conflicted minds lead them on a roller coaster of emotions and feelings that neither can ignore, no matter how hard they try.

Loyalties will be tested, hearts will be broken, and careers will hang in the balance. Can Alex and Cassie keep their forbidden relationship a secret, or will they lose it all by Fraternizing?
 
********
 
I have to say I think I'm in love! Cindy just rocked my world in a package of Marine Corps yumminess!! I really never read military books, but she has definitely just changed my mind, ok suspense is killing me to write this so here we go....

Alex Ruiz, oh man, A-L-E-X!!! sigh*** I want him, and I don't mean book boyfriend, I mean take him out the book and make him real and I will fucking role play as Cassie if that's what he needs! LOL. Wow, the man I alpha with a capital "A". He is in charge of the unit assigned to Cassie, but he doesn't know this yet. He meets the blonde bombshell at a bar of base and things get heated quickly, I was like "wow C.C. is jumping straight into isn't she", but no things don't get to far before Alex's friends cause an intervention that breaks Alex and Cassie apart. Alex isn't your typical player, not in my eyes at least, he's been hurt so a relationship IS the furthest thing from his mind. But, there's something about Cassie that draws him in even after he finds out he absolutely cannot go there, he just can't stay away.
 
Cassie, wasn't looking for a romance nor a one night stand when she enlisted in the Marine Corps, she chose this path to prove her mother wrong and to escape a past that devastated her. She learned quick that people you love will break your heart and some times risks are not worth taking. Cassie battles with herself over what's right and wrong throughout this whole book, and eventually just lets go and her cravings for Alex are just too strong to the point she has to just be like "fuck it".

Alex and Cassie struggle with their relationship and when Alex pulls away Cassie is left wondering what she did wrong and feeling stupid for allowing her heart take another beating. I wanted to scream at Alex for his MAJOR mishap, but I also understood what he must have been feeling. Cassie has some issues with those who are jealous of her secret relationship and her accomplishments, but Alex is always there for her cleaning up the shit storm she constantly finds herself thrust into. Until...he's not and Cassie faces a major demon head on....so wasn't expecting that little twist.

I cannot express how truly unbelievable this story was, being a military wife I completely got what was going on, I know being in the tech schools has the lust and desire factor with so much free claim to the males and females going on, and It must be hard to control those desires. Cindy did an amazing job of explaining whom was who, and what the living conditions must be like as well. There isn't anything this book was missing, and lets just say Alex can do all the things he did to Cassie to me anyday..hahaha! There is another book coming so hold your panties ladies because Alex and Cassie's story IS NOT done yet. I cannot get over the cliffy at the end of the book, but I know the next story is going to rock my world.

5 STARS!!!
********
Teasers:
 

 
********
 
Buy Links:

 
 
********
 
Author Info:
 
 
Just a book reading, writing loving, mommy and USMC wife! :)
I love to write, even if it isn't what is conventional and makes everyone feel giddy inside. I usually pull from dreams, or ideas that just thrust themselves into my head. I have what some would describe as a dry sense of humor, and I think its conveyed in my writing. I like to think I am a kick ass chick, but I can also be sensitive. I'm learning to grow thick skin, and in this field, it is definitely needed!
I won't put anything out that I am not absolutely proud of, but like E.L. James said, "I can't own people's reactions to it." Thanks for reading my work... I do appreciate it!
 
********
 
Giveaway:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment