Google+ Followers

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Very bad Things (Briar Crest Academy #1) By Ilsa madden-Mills

Very Bad Things (Briarcrest Academy, #1) 

Born into a life of privilege and secrets, Nora Blakely has everything any nineteen-year-old girl could desire. She’s an accomplished pianist, a Texas beauty queen, and on her way to Princeton after high school. She’s perfect…

Leaving behind her million-dollar mansion and Jimmy Choos, she becomes a girl hell-bent on pushing the limits with alcohol, drugs, and meaningless sex.

Then she meets her soulmate. But he doesn’t want her.

When it comes to girls, twenty-five-year-old Leo Tate has one rule: never fall in love. His gym and his brother are all he cares about...until he meets Nora. He resists the pull of their attraction, hung up on their six year age difference.

As they struggle to stay away from each other, secrets will be revealed, tempers will flare, and hearts will be broken.

Welcome to Briarcrest Academy…where sometimes, the best things in life are Very Bad Things.

********

Well, I am a Texas girl born and raised, so one thing I know Is I LOVE reading about books, especially when they are based in my hometown. Now... I just had to get that out there...lets us begin....

Nora Blakely has been treated basically like shit her entire life. From her mother who is a Grade-A Bitch, to a horrible brother, to a non-existant when in the same household father. I thought my life was full of drama, but I have to say Nora was a strong one to wait it out almost 19 years before she let her inner demon lose. She makes a list of all the Very Bad Things she wants to do and then sets her life in motion to make them happen. Only the very first night she does the first thing she comes face-to-face with Leo Tate.

Leo Tate has just moved all the way from California with his little bro, Sebastian. He is the owner of a gym and a total player, with the same ass hole motto most have "don't fall in love". I loved him for his sexy ass, but hated him for the games he plays. I don't think it was intentional to do some of the things that would Nora hope, but he is a man with needs and when he feels himself finally falling for a girl (a younger one at that) things have to "taken" care of by someone else for him.

Leo and Nora play a tug-of-war that I wanted to just push them off a bridge together over. LOL. ALL that sexual frustration is NOT healthy. I mean there were some DAYUMMMM moments, especially where Nora tells Leo what to do. But, nothing could ruin the angst for me. They spend so much time together and then with Nora and Sebastian damn near brother and sister as close as they are you couldn't help, but watch for the crash that was bound to come.

I certainly got what I had been dying for by the end of the book, but Ilsa definitely left more to keep me waiting for the next book.

4.5 STARS!!

********

To Buy From this Author:


  

********

To Contact this Author:



No comments:

Post a Comment