Google+ Followers

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Separation Anxiety By Lisa Suzanne Blog Tour

Separation Anxiety

Synopsis
Separation.
We all get one true love in our lives, and it’s up to us to find it. Fate will act and try to push us together, but ultimately it’s up to us to recognize who that one person is when he’s standing in front of us.

It turns out that I recognized who my one person was when I was separated from my husband.

Anxiety.
On the same day I determined that I was finally going to file for divorce, I confessed my secret to Jesse Drake, my swoon-worthy colleague known for his womanizing ways. Jesse invited me to crash with him, and with each new piece of the enigmatic Jesse puzzle that I started to fit into place, I found myself wondering if Fate had pushed us together for a reason.

If only my husband would stop getting in the way of the man with whom I was meant to be.
********

Wow, now this is a story to fall in love to....real, is the only word that comes straight to mind.

Veronica, a high school teacher, living in a world of lies that she passes off everyday not wanting anyone to know about the failure of a marriage she's in. Coming from a solid background, she keeps all the hurt and disappointment over what once was instead of telling people and being basically cast out of her own family. I enjoyed Veronica, she was an everyday woman in today's age having to deal with a failed marriage at home. She did what she could in order to cope with what her life had become. In the end there's only so much one can do though especially if you add another sexy man who's also her friend into the mix.

Jesse Drake, is a counselor at the high school and Veronica's friend. His character is sexy as hell, but every one knows you always have to add a little something to keep the reader interested and Jesse has a certain mystery to him. "What's he hiding?" "What happened to him?" My mind was going crazy trying to figure it out. I loved the support he showed Veronica when she revealed her problems and he didn't try to take advantage either. He was a man looking to try and help, but ended up with so much more.

This book was real, not over fantasy or rushed or too much sex. It was perfect in keeping to waiting in suspense for what the relationship would develop to next.

5 STARS!!


*********
Buy Links:



****Excerpt****


He started driving toward my place. I was curious how he knew where I lived, but he never asked. As we approached my neighborhood, I gathered my purse from the floor and took a deep breath, steeling myself for what was awaiting me.
But we drove right past my neighborhood. “I live back there,” I said, pointing my thumb behind us.
“Well I live up here,” he countered.
What?
“What?” I put voice to the question in my head.
“I’m not taking you to your house. You need someone to talk to, and you obviously need a night away from your almost ex. I’ve got extra space, and you might be aware that I have a degree in counseling, so I’m taking you home with me.”
My heart pounded, and then I felt a deep, aching throb start to form between my legs.
He was taking me home?
He was taking me home!
Holy shit!
I was going to Jesse’s house.
I was going to sleep in Jesse Drake’s bed.
Well, technically a guest bed that belonged to Jesse Drake.
Same difference.
“It’s okay, Jesse. You can take me to my house.” My argument was weak, but I knew I had to put one up anyway.
“Forget about it. You’re coming with me.”

********



Giveaway:


*********

About The Author:

Lisa Suzanne is a high school English teacher who lives at home in Arizona with her amazing husband and adorable yellow lab. She loves summer more than her students do. She has loved to write for as long as she can remember.





1 comment: