Google+ Followers

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Ruthless People By J.J. McAvoy Book Review



I am officially an Mafia Romance LOVER!! I cannot get enough of these books, not to mention there’s hardly enough well written one’s but J.J. McAvoy did an amazing job on this one!

First we have Liam Callahan: Hot, ready to take charge, and so very f***ing alpha male he literally blew me away. I loved him for all his flaws and then loved him even more for the way he cares about his legacy and family. He doesn’t want settle down with ANYONE, but life throws him for a loop when he meets his soon-to-be wife and lets just say “OH SNAPPP!” lol, I did not see that one coming. Talk about first impressions…ha! He’s patient and tries to understand his bride, but I had to give it to the man, damn he put up with a lot from her ass.

Ahh a bad ass female lead: Melody Giovanni: this girl is everything a strong woman should be. Dedicated, fierce, loyal, a complete bad ass with any kind of weapon. No one expects her to be the Boss, but she’s been running shit for a longer time than anyone knows. She doesn’t care how sexy Liam is, she doesn’t want to share her reign with anyone. But, what’s so great about Melody is her love for Liam once she lets him in. I was most definitely pissed at her by about 85% into this book, but I couldn’t help but think “that should have happened it makes the story and characters stronger.” She learns a lot about herself and what it means to be the head Boss’ wife while not losing herself along the way.

The relationship portrayed in this book was amazing and infuriating at the same time. Oh and please do not forget that steam coming from the pages. I cannot wait to see what happens in the next chapter of the story, that cliff-hanger at the end left me speechless, right when you think everything is fine J.J. slapped you with that one!


5 STARS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment